NavFx in Firefox

Dec 12, 2008 at 1:21 PM
I have installed the NavFx and it works great under Windows Explorer, but when I use Firefox browser, the page is in blank, however, other my SL projects works fine in Firefox.
Somebody has had the same problem? How can I solve it?

Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2008 at 6:53 PM
I ran the demo and testing in Firefox resulting in a blank page.  Moving the mouse around on the page and right clicking a few times I never got the Silverlight menu I always got the page context menu.  I concluded this meant the content was not filling the page so added a Theme and stylesheet to the demo that maximised the html, body, form and wrapper div elements in the page.  This seems to have solved the problem, so more a problem with the demo than NavFx.  Have checked this in so if you get the latest source code this should work for you.

Mike
Mar 2, 2009 at 6:18 PM
We were experiencing same problem with NavFx while using it with Firefox. After some investigation we found that Firefox is having problems with Header property of WebClient class. We made the following changes and it worked great. I would like to know if it can impact the functioning of NavFx in any other way.

Navigator.cs
Function: public void GoToPage(string path, bool updateIndex, Uri libraryUri)
Comment out
//webClient.Headers["TargetPage"] = path;

instead of
webClient.OpenReadAsync(libraryUri);
use
webClient.OpenReadAsync(libraryUri, path);

Function: private void LibraryLoadCompleted(object sender, OpenReadCompletedEventArgs e)
set targetPage string as
string targetPage = e.UserState.ToString();

Abhishek

Coordinator
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Thanks for that I will change it in the source code.
Coordinator
May 18, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Finally got around to making this change.  Source Code updated and uploaded latest binaries.